Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Get a message to Marcy

"A miracle is never lost.  It may touch many people you have not even met, and produce undreamed of changes in situations of which you are not even aware."
- A Course in Miracles


I was beginning my evening meditation, softening my body, concentrating on my breath. In my mind I saw a girl about 20.  She had dark eyes and hair falling to chin level. She looked radiant as she announced, "Get a message to Marcy."  

Marcy is my good friend. The girl said she appreciated the opportunity and kindness Marcy had given her. She said she hadn't had a chance to let Marcy know how much the connection meant. She said Marcy had seemed to see value and beauty in her she hadn't been able to see in herself. She said that by hiring and befriending her, Marcy had shown belief in her, and that even though she hadn't been able to find her way out of her darkness, her soul carried love and gratitude for what had been given.

When I called, Marcy was at first bewildered. Her  silence was finally broken by, "Yes. That's who it is" She then reminded me how 15 years earlier she'd run a high-end children's clothing store. She'd hired Jenna as a part-time sales associate. She  had spent time training Jenna and a bond of friendship had begun. It ended when Jenna died from a drug overdose. 

This message  reminds me that loving kindness resonates  beyond time. The soul of the person to whom you give such gifts carries gratitude for eternity.